Sovannareach is a cheery and playful two-year-old boy from Cambodia. Although he has no siblings, he loves playing with other children around his home!
When Sovannareach was just seven months old, he was accidentally burned by hot water on his right hand. Due to the incident, burn scar contractures have developed, meaning the skin surrounding the burn has tightened. Since this occurred around his fingers, it is now difficult for him to use his right hand.
When Sovannareach’s family learned about our medical partner, Children’s Surgical Centre, they traveled for three hours seeking treatment for their son. On July 14th, surgeons at CSC will perform a burn contracture release surgery to help him be able to use his hand easily again. Now, his family needs help funding this $495 procedure.
Sovannareach’s parents shared that they hope their son’s hand will heal well so he can regain use of it in the future.